Thursday 17 August 2017

Summer job

I'd got the best summer job. It's a project in the Swedish country side, Orust a big island on the west coast. Mural Modern Art. Three women, Elina Metso, Camilla E Boström and myself, painted a portrait each of a women from the area, on a wall that had something to do with the woman. Hanna Ivy Iveslätt had a work in progress exhibition in the café at Ålgård, portaing a now living person from the area. I painted Olga, she lived for a while in this old mill - Ålgårds Kvarn. She lived for 93 years and she gave birth to 11 kids! She was quite religious and she liked to sing and dance through her whole life. My feeling is that she had a pretty good life. This is my portrait of her. It will be there for at least two years, I guess I'll have to visit her/it in a year to see how it survives.

It was so nice to be on the countryside. I lived in an ecovillage in a small house made out of empty bottles and straw bales. They lent me a bike, so each morning I biked along a lake to arrive to Ålgårds mill, have my morning coffee and continue painting. I love my job!

.

6 comments:

lale battista said...

super, congratulations

Pia Johansson said...

Verkar underbart på alla sätt, bra projekt, kul med konceptet "Street Art" på landsbygd utan "streets" också tycker jag :-)

Deborah Newton said...

I love this painting, It is both old and new, and combines you and the woman you are honoring. What a wonderful job, Camilla. I am so impressed with this mural, and am happy that it was a pleasant and rewarding experience for you.

Lisa said...

Wow! Gorgeous form of art! You are super great as usual!

Hazel Terry said...

Fabulous X

Helmi said...

looks great!